Size: 4" Long
Materials: Amber,Jade, Bronze
Natural Colors: Amber Yellow Tones and Green Jade
Inclusions: Fossilized Soil
Process: Polished Gemstone, Handmade
Amber Origin: Chiapas, Mexico
Jade Origin: Guatemala
Piece Designed by Gabriela Marquette
Square Jade Amber and Brass Earrings, Mermaid Collection
Keep your amber shiny by avoiding impacts, soaps, lotions, perfumes, hairsprays, deodorants etc. Remove amber pieces before bathing or washing hands. If amber dulls, polish with cotton cloth - using a few drops of baby oil. Polish finish with shammy/chamois leather.
When wearing jade, be careful not to hit the stone as it may easily crack or chip.Chlorine, which is often added to water in pools and to tap water, can be harmful to jade, so make sure you take off your jade jewelry before you swim or take a shower.It’s best to avoid contact of jade with makeup, perfume, hair spray, and other chemicals that may have an adverse effect on the stone’s surface. To clean jade properly, you can use only water.
Over time,bronze can get dark or dull. It’s super easy to polish your pieces up at home, using all natural products.Try these tricks to shine your pieces:
1. Cut a slice of lemon and sprinkle salt on it. Rub the lemon slice over your piece, rinse with water and dry with a soft cloth.
2. For tougher tarnish, make a paste from baking soda, lemon and water. Use an old toothbrush, cloth or any soft bristle brush to apply the paste. Brush, rinse and dry.
Taking good care of your bronze jewelry will keep it shinier, longer.
1. Never shower with your bronze jewelry on!
2. Put your jewelry on after you apply lotions, perfume, make-up and other beauty products.
3. Avoid storing your brass and bronze jewelry in the bathroom. Remember, brass and bronze jewelry + humidity = tarnish.
4. When you aren’t wearing your piece often, store it in a pouch or plastic, air-tight bag, separately from your other jewelry.
LOVE your jewelry! When you’re buying quality, handmade pieces, take special care of them.
Amber is fossilized tree resin (not sap) formed over 20 million years. Natural inclusions act as time capsules - entombing plants and insects. The fossilized antiseptic is said to protect the wearer by absorbing negative energy.
The RIKITA CHïC collection by Gabriela Marquette uses handmade techniques passed down by Mayan artisans of Mesoamerica for hundreds of years. Three generations of Gabriela's Mexican family trade directly with indigenous amber miners and silversmiths - collaborating to bring you natural treasures.